Abanista Uganda has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy.
General Statement of Principles
As described in detail below, any information we gather at the website is strictly for our use and is not shared with any other entity, public or private, for any reason. We will not sell or give away any lists or other data that we may retain and we do not purchase such information from other sources.
Abanista is concerned about the privacy of the data and information of users (including sellers and buyers/customers whether registered or non-registered) accessing, offering, selling or purchasing products or services on the Abanista website, mobile sites or mobile applications (“Website”) on the Website and otherwise doing business with Abanista.
Information collected and storage of such Information
The “Information” (which shall also include data) provided by You to Abanista or collected from You by Abanista may consist of “Personal Information” and “Non-Personal Information”.
- Your user name along with Your password,
- Your name,
- Your address,
- Your telephone number,
- Your e-mail address or other contact information,
- Your date of birth,
- Your gender,
- Information regarding your transactions on the Website, (including sales or purchase history),
- Your financial information such as bank account information or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details,
- Internet Protocol address,
- Any other items of ‘sensitive personal data or information,
- Identification code of your communication device which You use to access the Website or otherwise deal with any Abanista entity,
- Any other Information that You provide during Your registration process, if any, on the Website. Such Personal Information may be collected in various ways including during the course of You:
- registering as a user on the Website,
- registering as a seller on the Website,
- availing certain services offered on the Website. Such instances include but are not limited to making an offer for sale, online purchase, participating in any online survey or contest, communicating with Abanista’s customer service by phone, email or otherwise or posting user reviews on the items available on the Website, or
- otherwise doing business on the Website or otherwise dealing with any Abanista entity.
Abanista may also collect information other than Personal Information from You through the Website when You visit and / or use the Website. Such information may be stored in server logs. This Non-Personal Information would not assist Abanista to identify You personally. This Non-Personal Information may include:
- Your geographic location,
- details of Your telecom service provider or internet service provider,
- the type of browser
- the opera ting system of Your system, device and the Website You last visited before visiting the Website,
- The duration of Your stay on the Website is also stored in the session along with the date and time of Your access
Purpose for collecting, using, storing and processing Your Information
Abanista collects, uses, stores and processes Your Information for any purpose as may be permissible under applicable laws (including where the applicable law provides for such collection, usage, storage or processes in accordance with the consent of the user) connected with a function or activity of each of Abanista entities and shall include the following
- to facilitate Your use of the Website or other services of Abanista entities;
- to respond to Your inquiries or fulfil Your requests for information about the various products and services offered on the Website;
- to provide You with information about products and services available on the Website and to send You information, materials, and offers from Abanista;
- to send You important information regarding the Website, changes in terms and conditions, user agreements, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- to send You surveys and marketing communications that Abanista believes may be of interest to You;
- to personalize Your experience on the Website by presenting advertisements, products and offers tailored to Your preferences;
- to help You address Your problems incurred on the Website including addressing any technical problems;
- if You purchase any product or avail of any service from the Website, to complete and fulfil Your purchase, for example, to have Your payments processed, communicate with You regarding Your purchase and provide You with related customer service;
- for proper administering of the Website;
- to conduct internal reviews and data analysis for the Website (e.g., to determine the number of visitors to specific pages within the Website);
- to improve the services, content and advertising on the Website;
- to provide value added services such as Single Sign On. Single Sign On shall mean a session/user authentication process that permits a user to enter his/her name or mobile number or e-mail address or any combination thereof and password in order to access multiple websites and applications;
- to facilitate various programs and initiatives launched by Abanista or third-party service providers and business associates
- to analyze how our services are used, to measure the effectiveness of advertisements, to facilitating payments
- to conduct academic research and surveys
- to protect the integrity of the Website;
- to respond to legal, judicial, quasi-judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law;
- to conduct analytical studies on various aspects including user behavior, user preferences etc.;
- to permit third parties who may need to contact users who have bought products from the Website to facilitate installation, service and any other product related support;
- to implement information security practices;
- to determine any security breaches, computer contaminant or computer virus;
- to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities and suspected fraud,
- to undertake forensics of the concerned computer resource as a part of investigation or internal audit;
- to trace computer resources or any person who may have contravened, or is suspected of having or being likely to contravene, any provision of law that is likely to have an adverse impact on the services provided on any Website or by Abanista
Sharing and disclosure of Your Information
Links to third party websites
Links to third-party advertisements, third-party websites or any third party electronic communication service may be provided on the Website which are operated by third parties and are not controlled by, or affiliated to, or associated with, Abanista unless expressly specified on the Website.
Security & Retention
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. Abanista strives to ensure the security of Your Personal Information and to protect Your Personal Information against unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction. For this purpose, Abanista adopts internal reviews of the data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where Abanista stores Your Personal Information. Each of the Abanista entity shall adopt reasonable security practices and procedures as mandated under applicable laws for the protection of Your Information.
If you choose a payment gateway to complete any transaction on Website then Your credit card data may be stored in compliance with industry standards/ recommended data security standard for security of financial information Abanista may share your Information with third parties under a confidentiality agreement which inter alia provides for that such third parties not disclosing the Information further unless such disclosure is for the Purpose. However, Abanista is not responsible for any breach of security or of such contract by the third party.
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Policy or elsewhere, you agree that Abanista shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or misuse of Your Personal Information, if such loss, damage or misuse is beyond our reasonable control. Such events may include, without limitation, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorized access to computer, computer system or computer network, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption (provided beyond reasonable control of Abanista), power or electricity failure or unavailability of adequate power or electricity.
GDPR Data Deletion
As part of our continuing dedication to data security, customer privacy, and GDPR compliance, Abanista offers all customers the opportunity to request data deletion for any data associated with their account. Under Article 17 of the GDPR
What is the Data Deletion Process
Once data deletion is requested and account ownership is confirmed, the data deletion request enters our queue. Generally, the data is deleted within 14 calendar days of the initial request. During the deletion process data is securely purged from Abanista databases and servers. All related backup and log data will be deleted within 30 calendar days. Once data has been deleted it cannot be recovered.
How will billing and transaction history be affected?
Some monetary amounts shown in the application and invoices will be calculated excluding any amounts related to deleted order information. This means that the amount shown will not reflect the true amount debited/credited.
How can I request data deletion?
You can submit a data deletion request by sending an email with subject “Request for Personal Data Deletion” to [email protected] Please include as much information as possible regarding which data you would like to be deleted. The request will be escalated to the proper team for evaluation and processing. We will reach out every step of the way to keep you updated on the deletion progress.