Canon EOS Rebel 2000 35mm Film SLR Camera Kit with 28-80mm Lens
- The Canon EOS Rebel 2000 is an affordable, lightweight, andfull-featured automatic 35mm SLR for both beginning and advancedamateur photographers. It offers a host of special modes for specificshooting situations, including full auto, manual, night scene,portrait, landscape, and more. It also has shutter-speed priority andaperture priority modes–although most users will inevitably leave thecamera in full auto mode a majority of the time and the cameraperforms very well that way. Just remember that the empty rectanglesymbol on the mode dial is for full auto.
- Some other basic features include an impressive seven-point autofocussystem, LCD panel with extensive information display, three exposuremetering modes (evaluative, partial, and centerweighted), autoexposure bracketing, a multiple exposure function, and depth-of-fieldpreview. The autofocus system is incredibly responsive, and includesseven focusing points that can be set individually for super creativeshooting. In other words, using the LCD panel as a guide, you can setthe camera to automatically focus on the far right focus point (or anyof the other points) so your main subject doesn’t have to be in themiddle of the frame to be in focus in a snap.
- In fact, most settings can be adjusted in creative ways on the Rebel2000, like the exposure level, which can be set to overexpose orunderexpose up to two full stops for tricky lighting situations whereyou might want to fool the camera’s metering system. It also has asmall, built-in pop-up flash, plus a hot shoe for an additional flashunit. Overall, we found this camera to be smartly designed with anattractive look and a comfortable feel.
From the Manufacturer
The EOS Rebel 2000 is Canon’s newest entry-level 35mm SLR camera, featuring a variety of enhancements at an attractive price point comparable to that of its predecessor, the EOS Rebel G. Sporting an elegant new exterior design, the sleek EOS Rebel 2000 gives photographers unprecedented creative control, including 7-point autofocus, 35-zone AE metering and a variety of other improvements. With its convenient built-in retractable flash and 11 versatile shooting modes, the EOS Rebel 2000 lets you get great photos of vacations, sporting events, landscapes, portraits and more.
Smaller and lighter than ever before, the EOS Rebel 2000 incorporates a full range of basic features including depth-of-field preview, scale-metered manual exposure and 10 other shooting modes. Advanced features include a choice of evaluative or partial metering patterns, AE lock, Auto Exposure Bracketing, multiple exposure and more. The EOS Rebel 2000 is also fully compatible with all EF lenses and EOS Speedlites, including Canon’s latest EX-series with E-TTL, FE Lock and High-Speed Sync modes for incredible flexibility in creative flash photography.
- Fully automatic 35mm AF SLR with retractable built-in flash.
- Smaller and lighter than ever before, with faster AF, quiet operation and many other improved functions.
- High-speed selectable 7-point autofocus system linked to 35-zone metering system for available light and flash.
- Supports advanced flash metering system features including E-TTL, FE Lock and High-Speed Sync modes with EX-series Speedlites.
- Full range of basic features including remote control socket, depth-of-field preview, scale-metered manual exposure and 10 other shooting modes.
- Creative controls include a choice of evaluative or partial metering patterns, AE lock, Auto Exposure Bracketing, multiple exposure and more.
ⓘ We aim to show you accurate product information. Manufacturers, suppliers and others provide what you see here, and some has not yet been verified. For additional information about a product, please contact the manufacturer.